A 52-year-old woman passenger accidentally slipped while trying to board a running train at suburban Borivali Station, a senior railway officer said on Monday.
The woman Ramleela Ben, who got stuck between the platform’s railing and the track, however survived as the loco-pilot applied the brakes after onlookers raised an alarm.
The incident occurred yesterday when at 5.54 PM when Ben unsuccessfully tried to get into the general second class compartment of the 19017/Saurashtra Janta Express, which runs between Mumbai and Jamnagar, said the officer.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“While trying to get into the coach, the woman slipped and fell under the tracks but luckily she got stuck between platform’s railing and track, before onlookers shouted and loco-pilot applied the break,” Chief PRO of Western Railway Ravindra Bhakar said.
“After the train stopped, RPF jawans, with the help of the guard and other passengers rescued her. She was given primary aid at the station and was then referred to Dr B R Ambedkar Hospital in Mumbai Central,” Bhakar added.
According to the Chief PRO, Ben has received minor injuries on her head as well fractures and is recuperating.