Four farmers, including a woman, allegedly tried to set themselves ablaze in district collectorate of Solapur to protest against non-payment of dues, amounting about Rs 26 crore, from a sugar mill in Mumbai. The four farmers doused themselves in kerosene in the Solapur collectorate yesterday, but the police staff present their stopped their attempt to set themselves ablaze and detained them, a police official on duty said.
Watch What Else Is Making News:
The farmers were expressing their woes towards the Solapur-based sugar mill, controlled by a powerful politician. The farmers claimed that their dues amounted to about Rs 26 crore, accumulated over a couple of years, but the mill management has allegedly refused to pay it.
There have been several requests before the management but in vain, they further said. A case has been registered against the four farmers for attempting suicide in Solapur’s Sadarbazar police station.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“A notice has been issued to the farmers and they have been asked to report to the police station once they get the notice. We are probing the matter further,” an official attached to Sadarbazar police station.
The farmers have been identified as – Amar Nagnath Mhaske, Vijaya Chandrakant Lawate, Dinkar Namdev Chavan and Audumbar Tukaram Chavan.