Four farmers, including a woman, allegedly tried to set themselves ablaze in district collectorate of Solapur to protest against non-payment of dues, amounting about Rs 26 crore, from a sugar mill in Mumbai. The four farmers doused themselves in kerosene in the Solapur collectorate yesterday, but the police staff present their stopped their attempt to set themselves ablaze and detained them, a police official on duty said.
Watch What Else Is Making News:
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The farmers were expressing their woes towards the Solapur-based sugar mill, controlled by a powerful politician. The farmers claimed that their dues amounted to about Rs 26 crore, accumulated over a couple of years, but the mill management has allegedly refused to pay it.
There have been several requests before the management but in vain, they further said. A case has been registered against the four farmers for attempting suicide in Solapur’s Sadarbazar police station.
“A notice has been issued to the farmers and they have been asked to report to the police station once they get the notice. We are probing the matter further,” an official attached to Sadarbazar police station.
The farmers have been identified as – Amar Nagnath Mhaske, Vijaya Chandrakant Lawate, Dinkar Namdev Chavan and Audumbar Tukaram Chavan.