A railway engineer on duty was killed while his colleague was injured when they were run over by a goods train near Kopar railway station. Assistant divisional signal and telecom engineer Navneet Palane (47) and his colleague Deo Bhau (59) were working on the tracks when they failed to notice the approaching train yesterday, a senior railway official said.
Both were hit by the train and fell off the tracks. The other railway employees working there immediately rushed them to a nearby hospital where Palane was declared dead on arrival. Bhau is reported to be out of danger and is recuperating, he said.
Describing the incident as “extremely unfortunate”, a Central Railway spokesperson said the victims were conducting a routine inspection at the time of the mishap, and added their their families would be compensated as per rules.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
However, the angry railway unions demanded foolproof safety measures for men at work. A Central Railway Mazdoor Union leader said the railway administration is not paying heed to their demands for better safety measures.