The website of the Government Law College (GLC), Mumbai, was hacked Monday evening. The hackers — PakCyberPyrates — claimed that the act was in retaliation to the recent surgical strikes by the Indian Army in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
A message on the homepage read: “National Securities Depository Limited. OOPPPSS. To all Indians out there. surgical strike. lolx.”
GLC authorities, however, said they were not sure if the hackers were from Pakistan. “A student council member noticed the website and informed the principal,” said Yasmeen Tavaria, a part-time professor. She said the principal took necessary action immediately.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Tavaria said that since the homepage was linked to the contact details of the professors, necessary steps were taken for security purposes. The website was later taken off the server.