To facilitate smooth Chhath Puja celebrations in Mumbai, the Mumbai unit of BJP has urged the district administration to extend all possible support to devotees on the occasion on November 6 and 7, when scores of people will congregate on the Juhu beach to make offerings to the Sun God in Mumbai. A delegation led by Mumbai BJP General Secretary Amarjeet Mishra met District Collector Deependra Singh Kushwaha and apprised him about the demands and requirements of the devotees. Chhath Puja also called ‘Dala Puja’ is a Hindu festival dedicated to the Sun God. It is popular in the North and Eastern Indian states of Bihar and UP. During the two-day festival, devotees observe fast and make offerings to the Sun God near a pond or sea.
Watch what else is making news:
Over the years, during Chhath celebrations in Mumbai, few political leaders, as organisers started inviting celebrities to the festival, diluting its essence. Mishra also urged the administration to make all arrangements within the purview of the court ruling. The Bombay High Court has prohibited celebs from taking part in Chhath Puja celebrations at the Juhu beach here, questioning the need to invite them for song and dance during the rituals which dampens its sanctity and purity.
Apart from Juhu beach, Sanjay Gandhi National Garden, Shivaji Park, Colaba and Banganga are a few other venues where devotees gather and take a holy dip during sunrise and sunset on the occasion. “The administration needs to make arrangements for barricading, mobile toilets, green rooms, drinkable water, proper lighting, lost and found desk, announcement system, life guards etc. Though, we do not question administration’s efficiency, but it was better to alert it on our behalf,” he said. Our delegation also apprised the District Collector about the security arrangements and the measures taken by the state government last year, which ensured the smooth passage of the two-day long festival.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest