Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday termed son Akhilesh Yadav as the ‘best’ Chief Minister in the country and ruled out projecting brother Shivpal Yadav as party’s chief ministerial candidate for the 2017 Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
“No..Akhilesh is the best Chief Minister in the entire nation. He has done tremendous work shaping a new UP and helped uplift of the poor and downtrodden,” Mulayam said when asked if there were plans to project Shivpal as SP’s Chief Ministerial candidate after making him the state in charge of the party.
- 2019 Lok Sabha elections: Akhilesh Yadav says alliance talks a waste of time
- Fodder scam: BJP did injustice to Lalu Yadav, says Akhilesh Yadav
- Akhilesh son first, leader later; always blessed: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Seen in public with Akhilesh after a year, Mulayam Singh Yadav says his family united
- Akhilesh, Mulayam share public space after several months
- Akhilesh Yadav re-elected as Samajwadi Party national president
“The next Assembly elections will be contested under his (Akhilesh) leadership. The development he initiated is visible across the state,” he said.
Mulayam said “unlike” Delhi government, ruling dispensation in the state has “achieved” all its poll promises.
“We will form government again in the state on basis of works done by us”, he said.