Vice President Hamid Ansari on Friday said Mother Teresa never admonished her critics, but prayed mercy for them.
“She may have had her critics, but never did she respond with pithy aphorisms or admonitions – her response was to keep on with her works of mercy, helping one person, then another, then another,” Ansari said at an event to celebrate the canonisation of Mother Teresa at the Netaji Indoor Stadium here.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He said if the late Roman Catholic nun thought much about her critics, perhaps it was when she prayed for mercy for them.
“Her mission and message have touched not only the poorest of the poor here, but those well beyond India. Today, her words are a message of comfort for countless many across the globe, across all social strata,” Ansari said.
He pointed out that much before her formal canonisation as the Saint Teresa of Calcutta last month, she was already a saint for the people of India.
“She was already venerated by millions of Indians, cutting across religious, caste and regional divides,” the Vice President said.
Hundreds of sisters of the Missionaries of Charity, besides cardinals and bishops from different parts of the country attended the function today.