A day after Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s dream Agra-Lucknow expressway was inaugurated, Union minister and BJP leader Manoj Sinha raised questions over the cost incurred in the project. Addressing BJP’s ‘parivartan rally’ here, the MoS for Railways alleged the Samajwadi Party government spent disproportionate amount of money in the road project.
Watch What Else Is Making News
“While the central government gets 1 km national highway constructed at a cost of Rs 18 crores, the Akhilesh Yadav government has made 1 km of the expressway at the cost of Rs 30.78 crores,” Sinha said.
He also hit out at state government for “prevailing goonda raj and corruption” in UP and said only BJP can provide good governance to people of the state.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The state goes to poll next year.
“It has been over two years of the BJP-led government at the Centre and there has not been a single corruption case either on the government or on its ministers,” he said, adding that unlike the SP and BSP, even a common party worker can achieve high position in the BJP.
He attacked Congress party also saying a number of scams took place during its rule like the CWG scam, which brought bad name to the country.
He praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the “will power” he showed in taking steps like surgical strikes and demonetisation.