Amidst emotional scenes, the mortal remains of BSF Jawan Gurnam Singh, who martyred after being injured in a sniper attack in a forward post in the Kathua district, were consigned to flames at his native village in Bhalesar on Monday with full military honours. Thousands of people from all sections of life took part in the final journey of the brave solider who laid down his life while defending the boundaries of the country. Several state ministers, BSF officers, district administration officials and BJP leaders attended the last rites of Gurnam who succumbed to injuries at the Government Medical College and Hospital in Jammu on Saturday night.
“He was a brave son and we are proud of him,” his father Kulveer Singh said.
As soon as the mortal remains of Gurnam were taken out of his house for the last rites, the atmosphere reverberated with the slogans like “Gurnam Singh Amar Rahe”, “Jab Tak Suraj Chand Rahega, Gurnam Singh Tera Naam Rahega”. People were also raising “Bharat Mata Ki Jai” slogan.
“We demand stern action against Pakistan, we want peace but Pakistan keeps on disturbing the peace every now and then by killing people on our side, we want this to stop once and for all.
“Pakistan must be taught a lesson so that no mother has to ever loose her son again,” Kulbushan Kumar, a local villager, said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest