The Punjab and Haryana High Court has granted anticipatory bail to Maj-Gen Satbir Singh (retd) and Group Captain VK Gandhi (retd) in a case registered against them in Gurgaon for allegedly withdrawing around Rs 14 lakh from the account of Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement (IESM) without informing the chairman, Lt Gen. Raj Kadyan (retd).
FIR was registered in the case at Palam Vihar police station in Gurgaon on February 8 for cheating and criminal breach of trust. The FIR was registered at Gurgaon court’s directions on a complaint lodged by Kadyan that Maj Gen Singh and Wg Cdr CK Sharma (retd) had been arbitrarily withdrawing large amounts from the IESM account without informing him as there were two other signatories besides him. Sharma was arrested in March.
The order came earlier this week from the court, which observed that the petitioners had re-deposited the amount barring a sum of Rs 4 lakh and putting them behind bars during pendency of the trial was not warranted. The court, after observing that probe was complete and challan had been submitted in the magistrate’s court, said it was not a case where custodial interrogation would serve any purpose.
IESM, constituted in December 2008 as a voluntary society by senior defence veterans to seek justice for ex-servicemen in India, has nearly 36 lakh members.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched