The RSS on Tuesday celebrated Vijay Dashmi and its foundation day in Nagpur. Sarsanghchalak or organisation chief Mohan Bhagwat, in his annual address, paid tribute to RSS leader Deen Dayal Upadhyay and spoke about the teachings of Swami Vivekanand. He spoke on a wide range of issues including Kashmir, caste issues and cow protection and vigilantism.
Here are the top quotes from Bhagwat’s speech at the annual address:
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On Kashmir and cross-border terror:
“Kashmir ki upadravkari shaktiyon ko uksaane ka kaam seema paar se hota hai, ye baat kisise chhupi nahin hai, saari duniya jaanti hai.” (Miscreants in Kashmir are encouraged by those from across the border; which is a fact the whole world knows)
“Aur unko achha jawaab bhi humare shaasan ne diya hai. Shaasan ke netritva mein humare sena ne saahas dikhaya hai.” (And a fitting reply has been given by this government as well. Under this government our Army has shown great courage) “Desh dheere dheere aage badh raha hai parantu duniya mein aise shaktiyaan hain jo Bharat ke prabhav ko nahi chahati.” (The nation is progressing slowly, but there are some forces in the world that fear India’s influence)
On caste and cow protection/vigilantism:
“Kai achhe log aakar kehte hai ki Bhagwatji jab tak shiksha theek nahi hogi, kuchh theek nahi hoga” (Many people come up to me and say that until education is provided nothing good can come). Kabhi kabhi chhoti ghatnao ko badha kiya jaata hai” (At times small incidences are blown out of proportion). “Gau mata hai, aur iska kaam karne wale saare gau rakshak saare bhale log hai jo kanoon, samvidhaan ke andar rehke kaam karte hain” (Cow is our mother, and those working towards her protection are good people and they abide by the law and order of the state).
“Gauraksha ko lekar har rajya me hai kanoon, gauraksha kanoon ke anusaar chale” (There are laws related to cow protection in every state, and it should be carried out according to these laws). “Upadraviyo aur gaurakshako me bhed karna hoga” ( There should be differentiation between troublemakers and cow protectors).
On ancient teachings and Indian culture:
“Apne desh ke is gyaan ko seekho aur us par gaurav karo” (Read up on the ancient knowledge of your country and seek pride in that).
“Guru Govind Singh Ji ka jeevan desh aur samaaj ko samarpit tha” (Guru Govind Singh’s life was dedicated to the nation and society).
“Angrezo ke gulaami ke din me hum itne aatmaheen ho gaye the angrezi vijayatao ki chakachaun me us awastha me bhi Prajnachakshu Sree Gulabrao Maharaj ke mann me shuddh bhakti thi” (Even during the British rule when everyone was obsessed with the ideas imposed by the British, Prajnachakshu Sree Gulabrao Maharaj upheld Indian principles).