RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat on Sunday laid the foundation stone of a new seven-storey building of the organisation at Jhandewalan. “Since it will be an office of the organisation, the RSS will not seek any funds from the public. Entire money for construction of this building will be raised from our workers and well-wishers,” Bhagwat said.
Watch What Else Is Making News
“There is curiosity and enthusiasm for construction of new building, when work started we didn’t have the resources but (swayamsevaks) were prepared and ready to work, he added.
Later, talking to reporters RSS’s Delhi Vice-President Alok Kumar said that the new seven-storey building will be constructed in 3.5 lakh sq feet area.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In addition to a spacious parking lot, the proposed structure will comprise three building blocks.
Kumar said that in addition to the growing space constraint, the previous building had become quite old and dilapidated so a decision was taken to construct a new building.
The foundation laying ceremony was attended by various BJP leaders and cabinet ministers, including BJP President Amit Shah, Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Power Minister Piyush Goyal, Science & Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan and Sports Minister Vijay Goel.