PANIC GRIPPED Mohali’s Phase VIII on Sunday evening as two rival groups of criminals allegedly opened gunfire at each other. The incident allegedly took place on the Dussehra ground in Mohali around 5 pm and continued for nearly half an hour. Across the road adjacent to the ground, a large number of people were buying vegetables in the “apni mandi” (evening vegetable market). Many people heard multiple rounds of gunshots being fired. A few of them even witnessed the clash and ran for cover.
The Mohali police told Chandigarh Newsline that they received information about the clash about 5.40 pm. They reached the spot but could not find anybody there. However, a few bullet shells were recovered from the spot.
The clash was said to be the result of a brawl which took place on Zirakpur-Pinjore road on Saturday night. The police registered a case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and Arms Act at Phase VIII police station. Inspector Jagdish Kumar, Mohali Phase VIII Station House Officer, said, “We have initiated investigations.”
Sources said that one person suffered bullet injuries in the clash. The police also checked government hospitals to trace the injured, but could not find anybody. “There is a possibility that the injured might have been taken to a private hospital in Mohali or Chandigarh,” said Inspector Jagdish Kumar.
Sources added that the clash took place between two rival groups of Chandigarh-based bouncers. Three months ago, one group had shot at a member of the other group at a gym in Sector 26 of Chandigarh.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Mandeep Singh, an eyewitness, told Chandigarh Newsline that he had gone to buy vegetables from an Apni Mandi which was opposite the Dusshera ground.
“I parked my scooter near Dussehra ground and crossed the road to buy vegtables from the apni mandi. When I was coming back towards my scooter, three persons stopped me and asked me to go back as a fierce clash was going to take place on the ground. Moments later, a number of gunshots were fired at each other by two groups of people. I ran for cover. There were people running in all directions,” said Mandeep.
Balbir Singh, another eyewitness, too, corroborated the incident to Chandigarh Newsline.