A private engineering college in Mohali expelled a student on Tuesday for allegedly attacking a Kashmiri student. Mohammed Yasin Ganaie, of the Indo Global College of Engineering, suffered minor injuries after he was attacked by a group on Monday evening. “The student who has been expelled was among those who attacked me with swords and iron rods,” he said. Confirming the expulsion of a Haryana student, college principal Promila Kaushal termed the incident as “minor scuffle” and said action was initiated to prevent such incidents in future.
Watch What Else Is Making News
There are around 100 students from Kashmir at the college. Most are enrolled through Prime Minister’s Scholarship Programme for J&K.
Another student said the college management assured action, due to which the matter was not reported to the police.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More