PM Narendra Modi’s projects to make India a different nation: Taiwan

People elected an able leader (Modi) to lead this country and elevate it to another level, said Taiwanese leader James Tien.

By: PTI | Canacona | Published:November 6, 2016 6:20 pm

Narendra Modi, defence, security, trade, Theresa May, Modi Theresa May, India UK, India Britain, India Brexit, news, latest news, India news, national news, UK news, England news, Britain news, world news  Prime Minister Narendra Modi. PTI Photo.

Projects launched by the Narendra Modi government since 2014 have the potential to transform India into a different country and enhance its confidence and stature at the global stage, a senior Taiwanese official has said.

“In 2014, there were two developments that changed the impression about India. First, people elected an able leader (Modi) to lead this country and elevate it to another level,” James Tien, Trade Representative of Taiwan in India, said.

“Second, launching of projects like Make in India, Start up India and Smart Cities which would eventually transform India into a different country,” he said.

He was speaking yesterday at the ‘India Ideas Conclave 2016’ currently underway in Goa.

“He (Modi) elevated the confidence level of India domestically and internationally,” Tien said, addressing the plenary session of the event.

“Taiwan is not as lucky as other countries like India and US. It does not have natural resources. We have worked very hard to reach where we are now,” he said.

“I’m always impressed with the economic miracle in Taiwan. Miracle will not happen just like that. In the last six decades, we have worked hard,” the official said.

“Over the past 20 years, we are doing a wonderful job between our countries (India and Taiwan). Our trade volume has increased 600 per cent.

“We have also established 11 training centres, language training centres in some of the prominent universities and institutes–IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, JNU, you name it,” he said.

“We would also like to provide scholarships for talented young Indian students to study in Taiwan. At this moment, we have 1,443 Indian students in Taiwan, of which over 200 have received scholarships,” Tien said.

S L
    Nov 7, 2016 at 11:53 am
    Excellent.He is the only hope for India.If gets another term India will be a super power
      dipti kumari
      Nov 7, 2016 at 12:54 pm
      Dipti kumari jha sir.plz please govt job plz narendramodi ji plz help me my family problems plz plz reply me come. I am seeking a challenge career. i aspire to reach my profession through my determination. dedication and hard work. to pursue my professional career. i am looking for an opportunity with a growing organisation where I can enhance success in organization's growth. Narendramodi ji plz help me. phone number 9007541417 jai hind.
        Mike
        Nov 6, 2016 at 4:47 pm
        Taiwan and India friendship vs. Communist China!
          deep
          Nov 6, 2016 at 3:44 pm
          true and this will reflect in short time.. India will grow like a any thing..faster then china or any other country that is visible
          1. G
            Gaurav Gandhi
            Nov 7, 2016 at 3:25 pm
            This statement reflects how other countries view India....it is a slap on the face of those people who sre against the present government policies and still believe that Pappu's party is Enigma for India, which has done nothing in the 60 years when they were in power
            1. I
              Indian
              Nov 11, 2016 at 2:19 pm
              A lot more need to be done with regard to India Taiwan relationship. It's just starting and ending with business. There need to be more strategic and political relationship that need to be developed between the two nations. Also a lot more in joint research and technological areas.
                ModiISAMUSLIM
                Nov 6, 2016 at 4:06 pm
                We elected this Muslim man Narendra Modi and that is why his goal is to only promote his religion Islam and that Islamic origin language Hindi.
                1. N
                  Narender Yadav
                  Nov 7, 2016 at 11:25 am
                  In my opinion Modi ji is doing much much better than our expectations. In such a short time frame he brought our country to almost top rating. I am emplo in USA and I can feel and notice the difference there. During Congress tenure India had bad name in concern with corruption, but now due to Modi Ji good things are coming up. I am with Modi Ji