Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday was conferred the Arabian country’s highest civilian honour — the King Abdulaziz Sash.
The prime minister was presented the award by King Salman bin Abdulaziz at the Royal Court on the night before his scheduled departure to New Delhi.
The award is named after Abdulaziz Al Saud, the founder of the modern Saudi state.
- PM Modi in UAE: Here is his itinerary for today
- PM Modi arrives in UAE on his second visit to Gulf country
- PM Modi conferred ‘Grand Collar of the State of Palestine’
- PM Narendra Modi in Palestine today: Here is his schedule
- PM Modi gifts gold-plated replica of ancient Kerala mosque to Saudi King
- Terror, investments the focus as PM Modi lands in Saudi Arabia
Earlier in the day, King Salman bin Abdulaziz accepted PM Modi’s invitation to pay an official visit to India after the two held delegation-level talks to cement bilateral ties between both sides and expand cooperation in diverse areas including trade, investment and counter-terrorism.