Terming Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s statement alleging BSP-SP are hand in glove as “politically motivated”, BSP supremo Mayawati today said BJP and its leader are misleading people before the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls. “Though the dates of the elections have not been announced as yet but the Prime Minister, like his party, are involved in misleading and wrong publicity,” she said in a statement in Lucknow.
“Prime Minister is doing this in view of the bad shape of his party in the state but by saying that BSP and SP are hand in glove he has made a mockery of himself”, Mayawati said, adding that Modi’s statement was “politically motivated” to divert people’s attention from failure to fulfill poll promises.
The BSP chief said ever since 1995 State Guest House incident in which SP leadership had committed the “unpardonable crime” of attacking her, there had been no political contact with that party at any level.
“Since then ,BSP has always opposed SP’s criminal face, work and character and never paid heed to any political and electoral gain or loss in this regard,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Mayawati said the reality is that it is the BJP and SP who are hand in glove with each other and help each other by indulging in politics of riots and communal tension.
“It is known to all how Mulayam Singh had been in direct contact with Jan Sangh and its present form BJP since 1967, 1977 and 1989 and contested elections with them… Recently both of them contested the Bihar Assembly polls against the secular forces,” she said.
“Their understanding was exposed during the 2013 riots… The SP government has not yet taken strict action against those behind it till today and they are roaming freely,” she said, adding the centre has also not sought any report from the governor over the law and order of the state despite the dismal conditions.
She alleged that both were also “together playing politics” on the Ayodhaya case.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the Mahoba rally on Sunday had claimed that SP and BSP are “hand in gloves” in hiding each other’s corruption.
Whenever elections came both the parties raised corruption cases of each other but did not act when they come to power he had said, asking “Has BSP sent any SP men to jail in its five-year regime. Now they (SP) are also doing the same. These SP and BSP men used to confuse. This game of SP and BSP is going on in the state. It has ruined the state.”