Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS), which is struggling to stay politically relevant in the state, is planning to tweak its election symbol ahead of the BMC election. The direction of Raj Thackeray-led party’s symbol – a railway engine – is likely to be reversed from right to left.
The change, however, will be accepted by the Election Commission only after submitting necessary documents, a senior party leader said. The strength of the party, which sprung up a surprise by winning 13 assembly seats in 2009, shrunk to one in the 2014 polls. Now, with BMC elections round the corner the party seems to have decided to change its symbol in a bid to find its lost glory.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Though the exact reasons behind the change is not clear, the proposed move has been welcomed by its leaders and workers. “We will decide about the exact symbol once the elections are announced,” Shishir Shinde, MNS leader said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
On being asked about party’s plans to submit the change in symbol to the ECI, another leader said, “Once we are ready with all the documents, we will proceed and ensure that we get the symbol we want.”