Karan Johar may have broken his silence over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s ugly controversy and declared his intention of not working with Pakistani actors but it has refused to assuage MNS. The party leaders are firm on their stance for the moment and will continue to oppose the film’s release as it stars Fawad Khan.
When asked if there is any change in MNS’s stance considering that Karan has now declared his intention of not collaborating with Pakistani talent, Amey Khopkar, President of Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena, the film wing of the Raj Thackeray-led MNS told Indian Express.com, “Has he realised it only now? He didn’t understand it for such a long time?”
Karan Johar’s Video
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
Amey also pointed out Karan’s hesistance in mentioning ‘Pakistani actors’ in his statement. “He has not mentioned Pakistani actors. He has said he won’t work with the neighbouring country’s talent. Talent?”
Shalini Thackeray, general secretary of Chitrapat Karmachari Sena too questioned Karan Johar’s sudden change of heart towards Pakistani actors. “This is the same Karan Johar who once said Pakistani actors should not be banned. Why this sudden change in heart? It’s come a little too late in the day for him.”
For the moment, MNS has no plans of withdrawing their agitation against the film. “We are firm on our stand and we will not allow him to release the film,” said Khopkar.
Earlier in the day, Karan through a video message broke his silence and declared that he will not to work with Pakistani talent in future. The director condemned terrorism and also implored fellow Indians to not undermine the work of scores of other Indians who toiled hard to help complete the film. Karan expressed fervent hope that they will not have to face any sort of turbulence and reiterated his patriotism for the country by saying he loves India above everything else.