Rakesh Ranjan alias Rocky Yadav, who allegedly shot dead a Class XII student for overtaking his SUV in Bihar, will have to go back to jail with the Supreme Court Friday staying a Patna High Court order granting him bail. A bench headed by Justice S A Bobde sought response from Rocky, son of a suspended JD(U) MLC, on a plea of Bihar government challenging the bail granted to him on October 19. Senior advocate Rajiv Dutta, appearing for Bihar government, said this was an open-and-shut case and the youth was highly intoxicated. Hence, his bail should be immediately cancelled or the order of the Patna High Court stayed.
The bench said that “charge sheet has already been filed in the case and this may go against you”. The court said it was issuing notice to the respondent (Rocky) and posted the hearing after Diwali.
Rocky, son of suspended JD(U) MLC Manorama Devi and alleged history sheeter Bindi Yadav, is accused of shooting and killing Aditya Sachdeva, a Class XII student who was driving his Maruti car, for overtaking his SUV on May 7 this year near Gaya.
Police had filed a charge sheet in a Gaya court against Rocky and another accused in connection with the murder. They had also filed charge sheet against Rocky’s cousin Teni Yadav, his father Bindi Yadav and his MLC mother’s bodyguard, Rajesh Kumar, in the murder case.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The state government had put the case on speedy trial and investigation was completed in three weeks and charge sheet filed within a month of the incident. Rocky is facing two cases – one of murder of Aditya and another under Excise Act for recovery of liquor bottles from the house of his mother. He was arrested from his father’s mixer plant in Gaya on May 10.
His name was included along with his father Bindi Yadav in the case of recovery of liquor bottles which were found when police raided his mother’s house looking for Rocky.