Militants dressed in army uniform stormed a police picket guarding a TV tower in Kashmir’s Anantnag district and decamped with five service rifles of the cops posted there, a police official said on Monday. “Militants in combat uniform barged into the guard room of TV tower at Dalvash in Dooru area of Anantnag district at around 12.30 AM and overpowered the cops guarding the installation,” the police official said.
Watch what else is making news:
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He said the ultras decamped with three SLR rifles, one carbine rifle and one INSAS rifle snatched from the cops of the India Reserve Police at the tower. Security forces have been put on an alert in entire south Kashmir to track down the militants who decamped with the rifles.
In another incident, militants opened fire on a police post guarding a minority community in Sirnoo area of Pulwama district late on Sunday night, the official said. He said the police personnel retaliated forcing the ultras to flee from the spot. “There were no casualties in the incident,” he added.