Militants snatched five rifles from a police post in Jammu and Kashmir’s Anantnag district late on Sunday night.
According to officials, a group of militants in Army uniform reached the Low Power Transmitter station of Doordarshan at Dalvash village in Anantnag. The gunmen overpowered the policemen on duty and decamped with five rifles and 750 rounds of ammunition.
In Pulwama district, militants attacked a minority picket at Sirnoo village, but the men on duty fired at the militants, forcing them to flee.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Militants have so far snatched 28 rifles from several parts of south Kashmir since unrest began in the Valley over the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani.
Meanwhile, 44 people were detained in a massive crackdown in north Kashmir’s Baramulla town.
At Parimpora, unidentified youths set ablaze two vehicles for defying the separatist’ strike call.