A top Border Security Force (BSF) officer said on Saturday that there are intelligence reports about militants planning to attack the forthcoming Amarnarh Yatra in Jammu and Kashmir.
At the wreath laying ceremony in Srinagar to honour three BSF troopers martyred in an attack by guerrilla’s at Bijbehara on Friday, BSF Director General K.K. Sharma told reporters: “Yesterday’s attack on our convoy was sudden and unexpected. That is why we suffered casualties.”
- BSF launches ‘Operation Alert’ along 200 km border to curb militant movement
- Here is a list of security personnel martyred in J&K
- Highlights: ASI, three militants killed in attack on BSF camp near Srinagar airport; JeM claims responsibility
- Militants strike BSF convoy in J&K, 8 personnel injured
- Amarnath Yatra route highly prone to terror attacks: Jammu & Kashmir govt
- Amarnath Yatra begins,BSF personnel flown in
“There are intelligence reports that militants have plans to attack the forthcoming Amarnath Yatra but we have made adequate arrangements to ensure an incident free Yatra this year also.”
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti also laid wreath at the coffins of the martyred troopers.