The chiefs of central armed police forces (CAPFs) and Assam Rifles have been given back their powers of deciding on postings and transfers of Special DGs and Additional DGs within their organisations, with Home Minister Rajnath Singh restoring these powers to them.
Since July 2013, the home ministry had been deciding matters of posting and transfer of such higher administrative grade posts in all CAPFs and Assam Rifles, while their DGs could only decide on transfers and posting up to the rank of Inspector General.
- IPS officer Abhay takes charge as new Director General of Narcotics Control Bureau
- MHA overhauls procurement process for central forces
- Maharashtra keeps its IPS officers hopping, RTI data shows
- Despite police board, government retains grip on transfers
- CAPF jawans losing five crore rupees in pension funds under National Pension Scheme: Study
- Former Assam Rifles DG gets clean chit
The DGs had been divested of the power to decide transfers and postings of Special DGs and Additional DGs through an order issued by former Union Home Secretary Matang Singh.
The DGs had protested against the move and gave a representation to the home ministry against it.