- Dubai BWF World Super Series Finals, PV Sindhu vs Akane Yamaguchi Final: Sindhu loses 21-15, 12-21, 19-21 against Akane Yamaguchi
- Live Cricket Score, India vs Sri Lanka, 3rd ODI at Visakhapatnam: Sri Lanka all out for 215
- India vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI Live Cricket Streaming & Live Score Online: When and where to watch IND vs SL 3rd ODI, TV coverage
Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani advised Punjab government to consolidate schools lacking proper amenities.
“Punjab deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, union minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal and state education minister Daljit Singh Cheema have always sought help from me to help raise the level of quality education in state government schools,” she said.
“I want to say that the Government of India has requested states that if there is lack of facilities and shortage of staff in government schools in rural areas, then such schools can be merged to increase the quality of education. The Centre will fully support the state so that from class 1-12 can study under one roof with full amenities,” Irani said.
- Delhi Confidential: Asked to play Santa
- First draft of National Education Policy by December-end
- Congress inciting Surat traders over GST: Smriti Irani
- Smriti Irani had no problem with me owning an acting school: FTII chaiperson Anupam Kher on conflict of interest
- After Rahul Gandhi, time for BJP to raise stakes in Amethi
- Will not allow mid-session fee hike by private schools: Smriti Irani
She also said that the Centre has proposed to state governments to make it mandatory must for private schools to take consent of parents and teachers associations before increasing school fee. “We will not allow private schools to hike fee in the middle of the season,” said Irani.
Irani was here to attend the foundation stone laying ceremony of IIM-Amritsar’s new campus.