BJP on Tuesday accused BSP supremo Mayawati of pursuing vote bank politics after she attacked the Modi government over its opposition to the practise of ‘triple talaq’ in the Muslim community. “It is unfortunate and ironical that despite being a woman Mayawati is not standing for the rights of Muslim women. She is doing so for vote bank politics,” its National Secretary Shrikant Sharma said.
With Samajwadi Party facing a grave internal crisis, Mayawati is aggressively wooing Muslims, a traditional SP support base, as their support to her party has the potential to prosper it to power in the assembly polls scheduled for early next year.
BJP had accused her of “communalising” the elections after she appealed to the community to vote for her party.
“BJP and its government led by Narendra Modi has now started a new controversy over Muslim personal law, triple talaq and common civil code before the Assembly elections in some states to serve its petty politics. BSP strongly condemns it,” Mayawati had said in a statement earlier in the day.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More