Attacking Prime Minister Narendra Modi for taking a “half-baked”, “immature” and “dictatorial decision” of demonetisation “purely for the BJP’s political interests”, BSP chief Mayawati Saturday questioned his claim that the government was prepared for the move.
“The PM says that before taking the decision of demonetisation, he had made secret preparation of 10 months. Ten months is a long time,” she said at a press meet, adding that in that case “there was no need to ask for 50 days”. “The only task the BJP did during these 10 months is to settle their black money,” she said.
Repeatedly naming Modi in her 40-minute address, she demanded a probe into the deposits made during the last ten months to “expose the real face of the BJP”.
She termed the claims of the government over demonetisation “senseless and comical” and the decision to scrap Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes “anti-people” and “exploitative”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Targeting Modi, she said that the government should have given some time to people before going ahead with demonetisation. “Then, this country would not have looked like a concentration camp,” she said.
The BSP chief claimed that the demonetisation move was aimed at deflecting the attention of people from real issues in states that are going to polls, adding, “the PM is now avoiding responding to his opponents in Parliament”.
Claiming that 90 per cent of the country’s population is suffering due to the move, she also mocked the PM for his emotional appeals to people. “PM Narendra Modi is repeatedly getting emotional, shedding tears to prove his wrong decision right…doesn’t it amount to blackmailing?” she asked.
“Crores of hardworking and honest children of Bharat Mata, who have deposited money in Jan Dhan accounts, are being openly threatened that they would be sent to jail,” she said.
Refuting the BJP’s charge that her party had hoarded money, she said that unlike the saffron party, the BSP collects money from party members and deposits it in bank accounts.
The BSP chief blamed the BJP government for considering Opposition parties “enemies”, and treating them in “non-democratic” and “non-dignified” manner.