The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday came down heavily on Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati for criticising Prime Minister Narendra Modi for failing to fulfill his poll promises and alleged that the latter, who has been selling her party tickets for money, has no right to question working of the saffron party.
BJP leader Siddharth Nath Singh said the BSP chief is considered as the idol of corruption in Uttar Pradesh.
“Mayawati cannot question any other party especially not the BJP. Today, inmates of the BSP, who had quit from the party, are pointing fingers at Mayawati. Many leaders like Swami Prasad Maurya ji, RK Chaudhary ji have alleged that Mayawati sells tickets for money. Mayawati is considered as a idol of corruption in Uttar Pradesh,” said Singh.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
Speaking in the same tune, Uttar Pradesh BJP president Keshav Prasad Maurya said that Mayawati was finished in 2014 and added that her expected trial of 2017 will be a massive failure.
“Mayawati was finished in 2014. She is trying for 2017 but her trail will prove of no use. People left the BSP because she has sold the votes of Dalits and the poor for becoming rich,” said Maurya.
“Her game is over. She is just over anxious. There is too much chaos in her party. The condition of SP and BSP is such that nobody wants to be with them,” he added.
Mayawati earlier in the day lashed out at Prime Minister Modi, saying that the Central Government has not fulfilled even one fourth of its poll promises made during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
She also attacked the state government led by Akhilesh Yadav describing it as a government of goons and mafias.
Addressing a rally of party workers organised to commemorate the tenth death anniversary of Kanshi Ram in Lucknow, Mayawati accused the Centre of being bias towards religious minorities and Dalits.
Asserting that atrocities on Dalits and Muslims are rampant in the states led by BJP, she called upon the gathering to bring the BSP to power.