BJP workers have been booked for holding an unlawful protest in connection with the Mathura incident.
“An FIR has been registered against over 50 BJP workers on a compliant of Samajwadi Party leader in Sambhal Mahmood Akhtar for gathering unlawfully to protest at Malviya Chowk yesterday,” Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Kamlesh Dixit said.
- Bhagalpur clashes: Union MoS Ashwini Kumar Choubey’s son booked for rioting, promoting enmity
- Uproar in Bihar Assembly over Muzaffarpur incident
- Karnataka Congress MLA apologises in Assembly over assault by son in pub brawl
- Allahabad: Widespread violence after killing of Dalit student, bus torched; Opposition hits out at BJP govt
- UP Assembly: Protesting Opposition MLAs throw paper balls, balloons at Governor
- Over 11,000 stone pelters arrested in last two years in Jammu & Kashmir: Govt
During the protest, they had burnt an effigy of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and raised anti-government slogans charging it with being responsible for the Mathura incident, Dixit said.
The FIR was registered on Saturday under section IPC 143 (unlawful assembly) and a probe is on in the matter, he said.