BJP workers on Monday clashed with police while attempting to gherao the Uttar Pradesh Assembly building in Lucknow to protest against the Jawahar Bagh incident in Mathura.
The BJP workers took out a march from party office and attempted to gherao the building and were stopped by police following which the clash broke out.
“Demonstrations were held at district headquarters across the state demanding resignation of PWD Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav and a CBI inquiry into the Mathura violence,” BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
- Mathura violence: District officials look for parents of 58 lost children
- Mathura violence: UP report states that Mukul Dwivedi had led police team on recce, was attacked by squatters
- Mathura violence: Akhilesh Yadav sets up one-man judicial probe panel
- Mathura violence: First heads roll as Akhilesh govt shunts out DM, SSP
- Mathura violence: How ‘satyagrahi’ Sena muscled its way into horticulture building and stayed put
- DCP injured in clash between BJP workers, police; 15 detained
He said a party delegation would submit a memorandum to the Governor Ram Naik later in the day.
Twenty-nine people, including two police officers, were killed during clashes between encroachers and police at Jawahar Bagh in Mathura last week.