Mathur Chaturved Parishad has taken exception to Rahul Gandhi not taking part in two religious programmes, including Yamuna Poojan, as declared earlier, during his visit to the city as part of his month long ‘Kisan Yatra’.
Angry over the alleged “insult” by Congress Vice President, who was in the city on Saturday during his road show, the Parishad called an emergency meeting and decided not to support the party’s sitting MLA Pradeep Mathur in the 2017 UP Assembly polls.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“It is an insult to Yamuna ji as well as to Bankey Behari ji maharaj since earlier it was declared that AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi would be paying his obeisance to Goddess Yamuna and Bankey Behari Ji Mahraj”, Rakesh Tewari, the general secretary of the Parishad said.
VHP leader Gopeshwar Nath Chaturvedi said not surprised by the cancellation of the program, since the conduct of Congress has been “anti-Hindu”.