Sashastra Seema Bal Jawan, who was martyred in a militant attack in Jammu and Kashmir, was cremated at his ancestral village in Rajasthan’s Dausa district on Sunday. The body of 24-year-old Ghyanshyam Gurjar was cremated with full state honour at Khawaraoji village in Dausa.
His elder brother lit the funeral pyre, police said. Food and Civil Supply minister Hem Singh Bhadana, SSB, officers of district administration and police were present on the occasion.
Gurjar, the Jawan of SSB’s 59th Battallion, was killed and 8 others, including a policeman, were injured in the militant attack at SSB convoy in Zakura area on the outskirts of Srinagar on Friday evening.
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
He had joined SSB in April 2013. Militants fired at the vehicles of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) which were ferrying the personnel to their camp after performing law and order duties in the Srinagar city.