Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Sunday laid the foundation of a six-lane road project between Mahaveer Chowk and Dharuhera, and announced several schemes, including development of a smart power grid, in the city.
Rs 36.61 crore has been sanctioned for the project, he said addressing a programme, ‘Badalti Soch, Badalta Gurgaon’.
The road will give a major relief to thousands of commuters, he said.
On the power grid project, he said, “Within two years, there will be no power crisis in Gurgaon as a smart power grid is being developed here which will supply 24 hours electricity in the city. This task will be completed in four phases. The first phase tender process has been completed.”
- Launda Naach and Kaniyan Koothu — When men dressing and dancing like women is not obscenity
- BJP's politics is not for votes, country's development is priority: PM Modi in Varanasi
- World wonders could North Korea fire nuclear missile over Japan
- Khatron Ke Khiladi 8: Shantanu Maheshwari is the winner, says poll
- Newton is not a copy of any other film, it isn't even inspired: Director Amit Masurkar
- First lady set to embark on first solo trip outside US
Rs 20 crore has also been allocated for improving water supply in Gurgaon, according to a government release. Under this project, new pipelines will be laid and old ones will be repaired and renovated.
Khattar also alloted four vacant buildings in DLF area to the District Education Department for educational institutes and schools.
A woman university will be opened in Gurgaon city, he said.
To ease traffic woes, a foot over-bridge will be constructed at Tau Devi Lal park.
A road will be constructed at Sector-15, for which Rs 20 crore fund has been sanctioned.
“Four new underpasses will also be constructed at Rajeev Chowk, Iffco Chowk, Signature Tower which will ease traffic problems at Gurgaon Expressway and service roads,” Khattar said.
Haryana PWD Minister Rao Narbir Singh, who was also present at the event, said permission has been granted for the expansion of Metro Rail from Dwarka to Iffco Chowk.