As a number of injured continued to climb in the early morning earthquake that hit Manipur, with its epicentre in Noney town in Tamenglong district, authorities reported that the number of deaths now stand at 6 casualties. As many as 60 injured have been admitted at hospitals across Imphal city including Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences and some private hospitals including Shija hospital and Raj Polyclinic. As many as 37 injured have been admitted to JNIMS.
The dead include a 17 year old girl Phaigamaton Devi who died in Jiribam, 37 year old M Sarat from Imphal West who died in hospital from spinal injuries, a 50 year old man Ibotombi Singh from Patsoi in Imphal West and an entire family – four members of a Nepali family who had been living close to the Indian Army headquarters in Manipur at Leimakhong. The settlement close to the headquarters sustained serious damage including the village church.
Apart from Tamenglong district, the epicentre of the quake, Churachandpur district in Manipur also reported a large number of injuries. In the capital city of Imphal buildings and homes suffered cracks in walls and several wall collapses have been reported. An under construction building in Dewlahland collapsed soon after the earthquake hit but no one was injured in the collapse.
A 90-member disaster relief team from Guwahati has been flown in by the Army to assess the damage in the state and there are two other teams on standby. The army is monitoring the situation in the state. Minister of State Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju is expected to arrive in Imphal shortly.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest