As a number of injured continued to climb in the early morning earthquake that hit Manipur, with its epicentre in Noney town in Tamenglong district, authorities reported that the number of deaths now stand at 6 casualties. As many as 60 injured have been admitted at hospitals across Imphal city including Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences and some private hospitals including Shija hospital and Raj Polyclinic. As many as 37 injured have been admitted to JNIMS.
The dead include a 17 year old girl Phaigamaton Devi who died in Jiribam, 37 year old M Sarat from Imphal West who died in hospital from spinal injuries, a 50 year old man Ibotombi Singh from Patsoi in Imphal West and an entire family – four members of a Nepali family who had been living close to the Indian Army headquarters in Manipur at Leimakhong. The settlement close to the headquarters sustained serious damage including the village church.
Apart from Tamenglong district, the epicentre of the quake, Churachandpur district in Manipur also reported a large number of injuries. In the capital city of Imphal buildings and homes suffered cracks in walls and several wall collapses have been reported. An under construction building in Dewlahland collapsed soon after the earthquake hit but no one was injured in the collapse.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
A 90-member disaster relief team from Guwahati has been flown in by the Army to assess the damage in the state and there are two other teams on standby. The army is monitoring the situation in the state. Minister of State Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju is expected to arrive in Imphal shortly.