Vishwa Hindu Parishad supporters on Friday blocked a road and tried to disturb shooting of Shahrukh Khan starrer movie Raees in Mandavi taluka of Kutch district but they were detained by police.
VHP supporters blocked the Poladiya-Mau road in Mandavi taluka in protest of Khan’s shooting. However, as they did not disperse despite repeated warnings, Gadh Shisha police detained 34 protesters at 12:30pm. Raghuvirsinh Jadeja, president of Mandavi taluka unit of VHP was among those who were detained.
- Students protest at Shah Rukh Khan’s event in New Delhi
- Shah Rukh Khan's Raees to clash with Salman Khan's Sultan, confirms Ritesh Sidhwani
- VHP activists pelt stones at Shah Rukh Khan's car, 3 held
- SRK's Raees shoot on schedule in Bhuj, tweets Ritesh Sidhwani
- VHP protests shooting of Shah Rukh Khan's film Raees in Bhuj
- Shahid Kapoor's Haider face protests in Kashmir,shooting stopped
The protesters were brought to Gadh Shisha police station and were released at 1:15 pm with police saying that the shooting went on as scheduled.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“The shooting had begun at around 9 am and went on till 7 pm. We stopped the protesters on their way to the spot where shooting was going on and therefore it was not disturbed,” Chandrasinh Vaghela, in-charge police inspector of Gadh Shisha told The Indian Express.
It is for the third time that Shahrukh Khan and the unit of Raees have faced protests since they landed in Kutch on February 1. VHP supporters had tried to block entry of the actor to Mandavi early this week and had later took out a rally in district headquarters Bhuj two days ago when shooting was going at nearby Khari river.
“We are protesting against Shahrukh Khan as he is indulging in making statements on issues like intolerance. If there was intolerance in India, a person like him could never have become a popular actor that he is today. He should refrain from making such baseless statements as he has crores of followers and such statements give bad name to the country. By our protests, we are teaching him what is intolerance,” Jadeja said.