- IPL 2018: Dinesh Karthik, Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine enact Shah Rukh Khan’s famous dialogues; watch video
- Mika Singh on Sonam Kapoor’s reception: Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan took the whole atmosphere to another level
- IPL 2018, KKR vs MI: KKR co-owner Shah Rukh Khan apologises for ‘lack of spirit’ in MI hiding
Vishwa Hindu Parishad supporters on Friday blocked a road and tried to disturb shooting of Shahrukh Khan starrer movie Raees in Mandavi taluka of Kutch district but they were detained by police.
VHP supporters blocked the Poladiya-Mau road in Mandavi taluka in protest of Khan’s shooting. However, as they did not disperse despite repeated warnings, Gadh Shisha police detained 34 protesters at 12:30pm. Raghuvirsinh Jadeja, president of Mandavi taluka unit of VHP was among those who were detained.
- Mahira Khan on Raees controversy: I was angry at that time
- Raees box office collection day 1: Shah Rukh Khan film earns Rs 20.42 cr, races ahead of Kaabil
- Shah Rukh Khan’s Raees to clash with Salman Khan’s Sultan, confirms Ritesh Sidhwani
- VHP activists pelt stones at Shah Rukh Khan’s car, 3 held
- SRK’s Raees shoot on schedule in Bhuj, tweets Ritesh Sidhwani
- VHP protests shooting of Shah Rukh Khan’s film Raees in Bhuj
The protesters were brought to Gadh Shisha police station and were released at 1:15 pm with police saying that the shooting went on as scheduled.
“The shooting had begun at around 9 am and went on till 7 pm. We stopped the protesters on their way to the spot where shooting was going on and therefore it was not disturbed,” Chandrasinh Vaghela, in-charge police inspector of Gadh Shisha told The Indian Express.
It is for the third time that Shahrukh Khan and the unit of Raees have faced protests since they landed in Kutch on February 1. VHP supporters had tried to block entry of the actor to Mandavi early this week and had later took out a rally in district headquarters Bhuj two days ago when shooting was going at nearby Khari river.
“We are protesting against Shahrukh Khan as he is indulging in making statements on issues like intolerance. If there was intolerance in India, a person like him could never have become a popular actor that he is today. He should refrain from making such baseless statements as he has crores of followers and such statements give bad name to the country. By our protests, we are teaching him what is intolerance,” Jadeja said.