Vishwa Hindu Parishad supporters on Friday blocked a road and tried to disturb shooting of Shahrukh Khan starrer movie Raees in Mandavi taluka of Kutch district but they were detained by police.
VHP supporters blocked the Poladiya-Mau road in Mandavi taluka in protest of Khan’s shooting. However, as they did not disperse despite repeated warnings, Gadh Shisha police detained 34 protesters at 12:30pm. Raghuvirsinh Jadeja, president of Mandavi taluka unit of VHP was among those who were detained.
- Students protest at Shah Rukh Khan’s event in New Delhi
- Shah Rukh Khan's Raees to clash with Salman Khan's Sultan, confirms Ritesh Sidhwani
- VHP activists pelt stones at Shah Rukh Khan's car, 3 held
- SRK's Raees shoot on schedule in Bhuj, tweets Ritesh Sidhwani
- VHP protests shooting of Shah Rukh Khan's film Raees in Bhuj
- Shahid Kapoor's Haider face protests in Kashmir,shooting stopped
The protesters were brought to Gadh Shisha police station and were released at 1:15 pm with police saying that the shooting went on as scheduled.
“The shooting had begun at around 9 am and went on till 7 pm. We stopped the protesters on their way to the spot where shooting was going on and therefore it was not disturbed,” Chandrasinh Vaghela, in-charge police inspector of Gadh Shisha told The Indian Express.
It is for the third time that Shahrukh Khan and the unit of Raees have faced protests since they landed in Kutch on February 1. VHP supporters had tried to block entry of the actor to Mandavi early this week and had later took out a rally in district headquarters Bhuj two days ago when shooting was going at nearby Khari river.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“We are protesting against Shahrukh Khan as he is indulging in making statements on issues like intolerance. If there was intolerance in India, a person like him could never have become a popular actor that he is today. He should refrain from making such baseless statements as he has crores of followers and such statements give bad name to the country. By our protests, we are teaching him what is intolerance,” Jadeja said.