A man on Wednesday called up Delhi Police Control Room threatening to kill Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. However, it later turned out to be a hoax call and the caller identified was termed by police as “drunkard” and “mentally unsound”.
Watch What Else is Making News
“A call was received around 6.16 pm at the police control room today but it was later found to be hoax. The caller was later identified as Ravinder Kumar Tiwari, a resident of north east Delhi’s Khajuri Khas area. When local police reached his home, neighbours told them that he is a drunkard and mentally unsound. He hasn’t been found yet,” said a senior police officer.
The officer added that Tiwari said he will shoot Kejriwal but when asked about his identity, he only said, “I will reveal my identity only if I am shot dead.”
Sources said as a precautionary measure, the Chief Minister’s Office was informed about the call.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016