An 81-year-old man in Kerala’s Ernakulam district was Saturday arrested on charges of clubbing his wife and son to death over an argument regarding the use of air conditioner at their house.
Police identified the accused as Naduvil Paul, a retired Railway employee, and the victims as Mary (74) and Thomas (54).
- Ranveer Singh and Aamir Khan embody the 'Thug life' and we can't get enough of them. See photos, video
- Bayern Munich let two-goal lead slip, draw with Wolfsburg
- Would love to be considered for the role of ODI batting coach: Michael Bevan
- In deal with Australia, US to notify 54 refugees of acceptance soon
- ASI, GSI probe if lingam at Mahakal temple has shrunk
- GOP's 'Obamacare' repeal all but dead; McCain deals the blow
Police said Paul used to fight with his wife and son over spiralling power bills. He had asked his wife and son not to use the air conditioner in the room in which they slept.
On Friday night, Paul warned the two against using the air conditioner, but they refused to listen, police said. In the early hours of Saturday, Paul saw the air conditioner functioning in the room where his wife and son were sleeping. Enraged, Paul allegedly hit both of them using an iron rod, after which the two bled to death, police said. Paul informed his three other children, settled elsewhere, about the incident and also alerted neighbours, who rushed to the house.