A 16-year-old girl was killed by her brother because she was allegedly in a relationship with a man from another community, in a village in Baghpat district on Monday. The youth later surrendered before the police.
According to the Doghat police, the minor was allegedly in a relationship with a Hindu man from another village, who would come to her neighbourhood to visit some relatives. After her family found out about the alleged affair, the two eloped.
However, she was brought back on the assurance that she would be married to him. Her family even announced the wedding in a panchayat held at the man’s village.
- Gujarat tribal woman tied to stump, beaten up after her son elopes
- Meerut: Girl set herself on fire, two families differ on stalking charge
- Delhi photographer murder: Everything you need to know
- Delhi photographer murder: ‘She keeps asking for Ankit… says it’s all over’
- Jharkhand teen found dead, father and brother held
- Infuriated at ‘sight of her face’, man kills two-and-a-half-yr-old daughter in Ludhiana village
However, after she came back home, her brother allegedly killed her while the rest of the family was sleeping, said the police.
“The body has been sent for post-mortem and the victim’s brother has been arrested,” said Lokesh Kumar, the station-in-charge of the Doghat police station.