A 28-year-old man killed his mother-in-law and injured his wife, minor daughter and two others in Malviya Nagar area of south Delhi this evening.
Watch What Else is Making News
The accused, identified as Chintu, also sustained severe injuries as he was held and thrashed by neighbours who managed to catch hold of him, said a senior police officer.
Chintu allegedly had strained relations with his wife Renu who had left him and was staying at her parents’ place and had even filed for divorce from him, the officer added.
Chintu attacked Renu with a large tent nail at her parents’ house in Jatav Basti around 7.45 pm and when his mother-in-law Roshan intervened, he hit her on the head, police said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
His father-in-law Trilok Chand, brother-in-law, daughter Neha and Renu were also injured in the attack and are currently undergoing treatment at AIIMS where there condition is stated to be critical, said the officer.
While Chintu was attacking his wife Renu, his children Neha (7) and Laddoo (5) started crying for help and in a fit of rage, he pushed Neha off the terrace.
When neighbours heard cries for help from the house, they came and managed to catch hold of Chintu who was trying to flee and beat him up, police said.
He is currently admitted in AIIMS and is in a critical condition, police said.
Renu’s family members claimed she was being harassed by Chintu and his family for dowry and upset by their constant demands, she had left him and was staying at her parents’ place, said the officer.
Renu and Chintu’s families had arrived at an arrangement that she would stay at her parents’ house but Chintu didn’t accept this arrangement.
In a fit of rage, he attacked Renu and his family.