A four-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 24-year-old man in Shri Nagar area of city, triggering protests by political parties today. The accused, identified as Shivaji Dhadve, was arrested on night of the incident itself on October 10.
According to police, Dhadve picked up the minor, who was at her home along with her small brother, on Monday evening and raped her at mezzanine floor of his house. The girls’ mother had locked the door of her house from outside, leaving her daughter in care of her son, also a minor.
Meanwhile, Sena has dismissed reports that the accused has any link with the saffron party.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In a joint statement issued here, Thane Guardian Minister Eknath Shinde and Yuva Sena secretary Purvesh Sarnaik stated that Dhadve has nothing to do with either Sena or Yuva Sena.
The clarification came against the backdrop of reports in local media that the accused was an office-bearer of Yuva Sena, headed by Aditya Thackeray.
The incident has been condemned by Maharashtra Women Commission chairperson Vijaya Rahatkar who demanded that the case be tried in a fast-track court.