A youth injured himself seriously while performing stunts at a Tazia procession in Kalavad town of Jamangar district and later succumbed to his wounds while undergoing treatment at a government hospital, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place at 10 pm on Monday when Avesh Meman (21) was performing stunts at a procession near Murila Gate police post in Kalavad town. The man accidentally cut his chest and it proved fatal, police said.
“The man was inflicting cuts on his arms with a knife. But the stunt went awry when he missed his harm and the knife pierced through his chest. Unaware of the seriousness of the injury, he continued performing stunts. But due to profuse bleeding, others stopped him after a few minutes and rushed him to hospital in Kalavad town. Later on, he was referred to a hospital in Jamnagar where he succumbed to his wounds,” Kalavad town police sub-inspector Parbat Bantva said on Wednesday.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Police said that Meman died at around 5 am on Tuesday and the matter was reported to police by his friend Abdul Kadir. “This is a case of accidental death. The man inflicted the injury upon himself accidentally and died,” Bantva further said.
Police said Meman, a casual labourer was unmarried. Kalavad town police have registered a case of accidental death and started further investigation.
Dr Nandini Desai, medical superintendent of government-run GG Hospital in Jamanagar, where Meman was referred to, said his wounds were severe. “He was having deep sited thoracic injury. The knife had reached up to his cardia components and he was bleeding profusely. The injury was grievous in nature. We are waiting for post-mortem report for actual cause of his death,” Dr Desai told The Indian Express.