A LABOURER FROM Madhya Pradesh who was working in a cement factory in Amreli district allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself inside the public toilet at the central bus station of Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) in Bhavnagar late on Monday evening, police said.
Police said an unidentified man closed himself in the toilet at around 7 pm on Monday and turned the water tap on. The tap remained open for half-an-hour. As water kept on flowing for minutes, the sweeper at the toilet blocks asked the man repeatedly to turn the tap off. But the man did not respond.
“Eventually, the sweeper climbed up a wall and peeped inside the toilet. He found that the man was hanging by a towel tied to the window in the toilet. He immediately informed the local officers of GSRTC at bus depot. They kicked the door open, helped the man on the ground and also called the emergency service 108. But doctor of the emergency service declared the man dead,” assistant sub-inspector of Nilambaug police in Bhavnagar, Jaydevsinh Gohil said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Police said nothing was found from the man except a travelling ticket. “The ticket issued by GSRTC mentioned Kovaya, a place in Amreli where Ultratech cement has a plant. On the back of that ticket, a contact number was also written. We have been trying to contact that number. But suicide note or any identity card has been recovered from his clothes,” Gohil further said.
Later on Tuesday evening, the man was identified as Vikramsinh Gaud (30), a native Unchehara block of Satna district in Madhya Pradesh. “He had come to work in Kovaya plant of Ultratech in Amreli district around three months ago. But he left the work at the Kovaya plant on October 8 telling fellow workers he was not enjoying the work and wanted to return home. He spent two days in Bhavnagar before committing suicide, ostensibly due to financial constraints,” Gohil further said. His body has been kept in the morgue of Sir T General Hospital in Bhavnagar city and police said they have managed to establish contact with Gaud’s relatives.