A 31-YEAR-OLD man who tried to force his entry into the engine of Mahalaxmi Express and allegedly assaulted two personnel of Railway Protection Force (RPF) was shot dead by them in the early hours of Wednesday.
Suresh Purohit, police said, had been absconding from his native place in Rajasthan where he was accused of murdering his wife.
- Man shot in the chest in suspected road rage killing
- Mumbai: Reward for brave RPF constable who saved boy at Naigaon station
- Maharashtra bandh: Rail traffic hit, 170 locals cancelled, 1,020 delayed in Mumbai
- 2008 Malegaon blast case: Accused and charges
- Rajasthan: Man held for burning to death two wives in car, showing it as mishap
- Rajdhani robbery: Man targeted sleeping train passengers
Divisional Security Commissioner (RPF) for Pune said, “Purohit jumped into the engine of the running train. The alarmed driver applied emergency break and pressed the horn. Purohit tried to assault the driver. When four armed constables rushed to his help, he showed resistance and assaulted them. It was then that one of them fired at him.”
Purohit was rushed to Sassoon hospital where he died during the treatment.
A police case has been registered with GRP, Pune Station.