A man named Snehasis Chowdhury, attached with an educational institute run by a well-known socio-religious organisation in Bankura, was arrested for sexual assault on a 14-year old girl for several days in Bankura.
The accused, described as a monk by the victim’s family, was arrested Saturday following complaints lodged by the girl’s father on Thursday about his daughter, a class nine student of the institution, molested by him on several occasions in the empty library room and her picture taken on mobile, a senior police officer said.
The accused culprit, who hailed from Memari in Burdwan district and identified as Snehasis Chowdhury, was expelled from the institution on receipt of the complaint on Thursday.
He was remanded to 11 days’ judicial custody following production at district sessions court, Bankura. The accused had also allegedly threatened to circulate the girl’s pictures on social network if she made public the alleged sexual torture, her father said in the complaint, the officer said.
The girl narrated the ordeal to her parents early this week and they approached the police and the institution, the police officer said. The organisation’s spokesman said the concerned person was thrown out of the institution and they will cooperate with the police for any investigation into the allegations.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More