As many as 94 Maoist supporters and 52 militia members have surrendered before Malkangiri police. This is a big blow to the Maoists as the surrenders have taken place close on the heels of the killing of at least 28 rebels in a fierce encounter with Odisha and Andhra Pradesh police on October 24 in the district, police said today.
Those who have surrendered were from Sudhakonda and Radulkonda villages under Kalimela Block and included five women and nine village committee members, police said, adding that they surrendered before Malkangiri SP Mitrabhanu Mohapatra.
They have pledged to dissociate themselves from Maoist activities and to remain in the social mainstream for the development of the backward region, the SP said.
They would be provided benefits in accordance with the state government’s surrender and rehabilitation policy, Mohapatra said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched