SADHVI Pragya Singh Thakur, who was given a clean chit by the NIA in the Malegaon blast case, threatened to begin a fast unto death from 10 am on Monday if she was not allowed to take a dip in the Kshipra during the ongoing Simhastha Kumbh at Ujjain.
Thakur, who is undergoing treatment at an Ayurvedic hospital in Bhopal, is an accused in the murder of former RSS activist Sunil Joshi and the trial is pending in a Dewas court.
Her lawyer N Ravi claimed the trial court had accepted her application seeking permission to take a dip in the river but the police were refusing to implement the order on the ground that they did not have enough manpower to take her to Ujjain.
- Worried about her health, Sadhvi Pragya kin hail bail order
- Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, upon acquittal in Sunil Joshi murder case: 'One nationalist can't kill another nationalist'
- The Malegaon U-turn: I was confident of a clean chit, says Sadhvi Pragya
- Malegaon blast prime accused Sadhvi Pragya suffers stroke
- Sadhvi Pragya seeks bail to perform fathers last rites
- Sunil Joshi murder case: SC restrains NIA to quiz Pragya Singh
“If she is not given assurance by 9 am Monday she will begin the fast at 10 am,’’ said Bhagwan Jha, her brother-in-law.