Malegaon blast: NIA seeks court nod to reconstruct evidence

The NIA has approached the special court in Mumbai seeking permission to lead secondary evidence in the Malegaon blast case.

By: Express News Service | Published:September 8, 2016 3:57 am
National Investigation Agency, NIA, Malegaon blast, Malegaon blast case, Malegaon NIA, india, india news The court had asked the accused to respond to NIA’s request which had been opposed by some accused.

The National Investigation Agency has approached the special court in Mumbai seeking permission to lead secondary evidence in the Malegaon blast case after certain documents pertaining to the case were misplaced. In April, it had come to light that certain statements of witnesses were not traceable.

It has sought to reconstruct the evidence through certified copies of the statements present with it, special public prosecutor Avinash Rasal said. He said the court had asked the accused to respond to NIA’s request which had been opposed by some accused. The court will further hear the application on Thursday. The order on the bail plea of accused Lieutenant Colonel Prasad Purohit will be decided on September 22.