Union minister Jayant Sinha on Sunday said it was everybody’s responsibility to dedicate themselves to make Earth a better planet.
On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, he also launched an initiative, ‘#ACT4EARTH’, at the Terminal 3 of IGI airport to make aware general public about energy efficiency.
The initiative comes on the heels of the World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) being organised by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) from October 5-8.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
The summit is a four-day international platform that assumes a critical significance with focus on charting pathways for local solutions to global issues related to sustainability.
“The hashtag #Act4Earth is a great initiative on Gandhi Jayanti. It is all of our responsibility to dedicate ourselves to sustainability to make this Earth a better, livable planet for all its inhabitants,” Sinha said.
This initiative is a joint effort among TERI, GMR Group, the lead consortium member in DIAL which operates IGI Airport in Delhi and the Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL), which is a joint venture of state-run power companies.
As part of this initiative, a photo booth has been set-up at the T3 Airport in New Delhi, inviting people to pledge their commitment towards environmental protection and sustainable development.
“All of us have the right and an obligation to do the right thing – to be green, to think of the future. On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, lets pledge to do the green thing. It’s the least that each one of us can do,” said Ajay Mathur, Director-General, TERI.
Srinivas Bommidala, Chairman Airports, GMR Group said, “We strongly believe that the collaborative approach is the key for combating climate change. As part of our extensive strategy on sustainability and much in line with Prime Minister’s vision we have taken various efficiency initiatives.”