Union Minister and BJP leader Pon Radhakrishnan on Saturday said the police should make public the list of of those detained in the aftermath of the violence during the funeral procession of a Hindu Munnani worker on September 23. Speaking to reporters in Coimbatore, he said families and relatives of those arrested were running from pillar to post to know of the well being of their wards, as more than one week has passed by since the incidents occurred.
Those detained, including nearly 200 from Thudiyalur, where slain Hindu Munnani leader Sasikumar resided, had been lodged in various jails across Tamil Nadu, he said and asked the police to release a list of those arrested and where they are lodged. Moreover, many of those ‘innocent’ persons detained belonged to BJP and were to file nominations for this month’s local body elections, he said, adding that some of them would not be able to contest the polls as FIR had already been filed against them.
Sasikumar (36), district spokesperson of the Hindu Munnani, was returning home in Subramaniam Palayam, on the outskirts of the city on a two-wheeler when four unidentified assailants chased him on motorcycles and attacked him with sickles late at night on September 22. He was taken to a private hospital, where he died. Radhakrishnan refused to reply to questions related to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa’s health and on former Prime Minister, Deve Gowda, who is on a fast in Bengaluru on Cauvery issue, saying he had come to meet relatives of those arrested and receive their petition.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing