Major General Nilendra Kumar on Friday took over as new Additional Director General NCC Directorate, Jammu and Kashmir, an official spokesman said.
He took over the charge from Major General S S Jakhar who has superannuated from service on September 30.
“Major General Nilendra Kumar is an alumnus of National Defence Academy and was commissioned in the Brigade of Guards in June 1982,” the spokesman said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Watch What Else Is Making News
“Since then he held numerous command and staff appointments. He commanded his Regiment in field area in Eastern Sector and an Infantry Brigade in Rajasthan. The General has vast experience of service in varied environments,” he said.
He was General Officer Commanding (GOC) of a Sub Area in eastern sector before taking over the present appointment.
In a brief ceremony held at NCC Directorate in Jammu, the Major General took over the reins of the State NCC Directorate, he said.
Meanwhile a grand farewell was accorded to the outgoing Jakhar by all officers and staff of NCC Directorate J&K.